Bookings can be made by telephone or email. Room-only bookings can be booked online via our website.
Bookings will only be confirmed by return email within 24 hours after the following information is provided:
INFORMATION REQUIRED UPON BOOKING
- Tour/Package Name code
- Arrival and departure date
- Number of guests (adults/children)
- If children are travelling, please specify age
- All guests full names
- Dietary requirements
- Contact number of one of the passengers or the tour leader/driver/pilot if it is a group
- Any medical conditions we need to be aware of
- Passenger weights (if a flight component is part of the tour, this is a Civil Aviation Safety Authority legal requirement)
- Estimated arrival time (self-driving or arriving by private plane)
- Pickup location: Pickups available from Bellburn Airstrip and/or Kununurra commercial residences (package tours only)
- Agent’s booking reference/voucher number
Our booking number reference will be sent in written confirmation to the agent’s email address.
In addition, a 24-hour contact number for the agent is useful in the event of a change.
Terms & Conditions
CANCELLATION POLICY | Total booking Non-Refundable – if cancelled within 14 days or less prior to arrival
75% of the booking total will be refunded – if cancelled 15 to 30 days prior to arrival
Booking total fully refunded – if cancelled 31 days or more prior to arrival
CANCELLATION DUE TO FORCE MAJEURE EVENT | The customer recognizes that Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge operates within the Purnululu National Park, as managed by the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions, and closure of the national park is outside Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge’s control. In the instance that Purnululu National Park is closed and bookings are forced to cancel, the customer will be offered:
A credit for the total monies paid towards a HMC Group tourism business product of their choosing – inclusive of Aviair, HeliSpirit, Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge, Bungle Bungle Guided Tours or Freshwater East Kimberley Apartments) valid for up to 3 years from their original booking date, or a 70% refund on total monies paid.
COVID-19 POLICY | Our Standard cancellation policy remains in place, however, if guests are unable to travel due to Government border closures or travel restrictions, restricting client from entering the Kimberley, (at the time of travel we will offer to amend the travel dates, with payments held in credit or cancel without fee.
All cancellations must be advised in writing.
ECO FRIENDLY | Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge is committed to an environmentally sustainable operation within Purnululu National Park (Bungle Bungle) World Heritage-Listed area. We use best practice facilities, renewable energy, and state of the art waste management systems. Please note cabins and communal areas are not airconditioned.
SEASONALITY | We are open from April to September each year. Start and end dates may vary.
CHECK IN TIME | 2:00pm – 6:00pm at the lodge and at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time for all accommodation packages including a flight.
VALIDITY OF RATES | Prices are valid for the 2024 Season. Prices quoted are subject to change and are in Australian dollars ($AUD). Tours paid for in full are protected from price increases. In the event of Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge introducing a special offer or rates that are discounted against the rack rate, retrospective refunds will not be permitted. Rates are subject to change without notice.
MINIMUM NUMBERS | Rates quoted are twin share. Single supplement fee applies for one person per cabin. Please call our reservations team to check if our tour packages are confirmed or available for a single traveler.
CHILD AGE / INFANT POLICY | Infants are classified as 0-2 years of age and stay free of charge. Children are classified as 3-12 years of age inclusive and must be accompanied by an adult, child rates apply. For packages with flight components infants travel free of charge on their parent’s lap. Please note that limited number of infants can travel per aircraft.
FAMILY ROOM | The family room has a Queen bed and single bunk to accommodate two adults and two children. The Bunk bed is only suitable for children under 12 years of age.
ACCESSIBILITY INFORMATION | Unfortunately the lodge does not have wheelchair access facilities. We welcome customers with impaired mobility. Please advise the level of assistance required with a minimum of 48 hours prior to arrival. We are not permitted to lift a passenger into or out of an aircraft or vehicles.
CUSTOMER WEIGHT | For fly-in overnight packages, customer and approximate hand baggage weights must be provided to us at time of booking. All customers and baggage will be weighed prior to tour departure for safety and operational reasons. The Airline reserve the right to deny carriage to customers who provide weight information that is inaccurate by more than 15% in which case any fare paid will be forfeit
LUGGAGE RESTRICTIONS | For fly-in overnight packages, maximum 8kg per person allowed – preferably a soft carry bag consisting of a hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, sturdy walking shoes (no leather soles), camera & charger, sun protective clothing, warm clothing for the cool nights (May-August), swimwear for the pool, additional toiletries and personal items and medication, insect repellant, small pocket torch and refillable water bottle.
SEAT WEIGHT LIMIT | For fly-in overnight packages, maximum seat weight on a R44 or R66 helicopter is 136 kg | Maximum seat weight GA8 Airvan is 132 kg. Please contact reservations team to discuss options.
COMMENTARY | All commentaries are conducted in English
PERSONAL ITEMS | All care is taken but no liability is accepted for damage to personal items.
MEDICAL | We are in a remote area and passengers on medication should bring medications with them.
PETS | In accordance with National Park regulations, no pets are allowed in Purnululu National Park.
SMOKING | Government regulations forbid smoking in Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge cabins and tour vehicles.
RUBBISH | In accordance with our environmental management policy, we do not accept rubbish from external sources, and request that any rubbish brought in with you is taken back out with you.
GOVERNMENT CHARGES | Our prices are inclusive of all government, environmental and airport fees.
ITINERARIES | Whilst it is our intention to deliver the itinerary of your choice, unforeseen circumstances such as the nature of the terrain, unseasonable weather, national park area closures and travelling conditions may be affected, therefore making it necessary to alter touring with little or no notice.
INSURANCE | No responsibility will be accepted for accidents, illness, misadventure or loss of goods or possessions. We strongly recommend at the time of booking to take out comprehensive travel, medical and cancellation insurance. In the event of a booking being cancelled by us, a full refund will be issued without penalty.
FUEL SURCHARGE | In the event of significant upward movement in the cost of aviation fuel, we reserve the right to introduce a fuel surcharge. This shall be advised in writing no less than two weeks prior to its commencement and will be additionally advised at the time of booking confirmation.
NATIONAL PARK FEES
National Park camping fees | $17.60 per adult, $8.80 per child, included in the accommodation price.
National Park entry fees is not included and must be paid at the Visitor Information Centre upon entry to the National Park. For more information visit https://parks.dpaw.wa.gov.au/know/park-entry-fees. (Note: fees subject to change without notice)
SELF- FLYERS (ARRIVING VIA PRIVATE PLANE)
National Park camping fees | $17.60 per adult, $8.80 per child, included in the accommodation price.
National Park fly/drive license fees | $33.00 per adult, $16.50 per child, included in the accommodation price. (Fees subject to change without notice)
National Park landing permit must be arranged prior to arrival at Bellburn Airstrip. Contact Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions (DBCA) for permission to land at Bellburn Airstrip via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FLY/DRIVE TOUR PACKAGES
National Park fly/drive license fees | $33.00 per adult, $16.50 per child, included in the rate for guests on fly in day tours and overnight packages.
National Park camping fees | $17.60 per adult, $8.80 per child, included in all overnight packages.
(Fees subject to change without notice)
If you are joining an organised guided tour through the Lodge, please advise us no later than two days prior to arrival if you have any medical conditions and any physical ailments, which may affect you completing the guided walks. Please make yourself aware of fitness levels required to complete the walks, this is available on our website www.bbgt.com.au under each tour option.
Please read these terms carefully as they affect your legal rights.
By booking and participating in a Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge Tour, you acknowledge and agree:
1. You do not have any underlying health or medical conditions that would prevent you from participating in the tour;
2. You satisfy the fitness requirements for the tour you have selected (see www.bbsl.com.au under each tour option);
3. You are fully aware of risks and hazards connected with the tour, including but not limited to physical exertion, hot temperatures, uneven walking terrain, obstacles, native animals, water and limited shade and you voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage, or personal injury, including death, that you may sustain as a result of being engaged in such an activity;
4. That if you suffer injury or illness, Bungle Bungle Savannah Lodge Pty Ltd (“BBSL”) or its employees can, at your cost, arrange any medical treatment and emergency evacuation service as they deem necessary for your health and safety;
5. To waive any and all claims you may have now and in the future, and release from all liability and agree not to sue BBSL, its officers, agents, representatives, employees or tour guides for any personal injury, death, property damage, or loss sustained by you as a result of your participation in the tour, except in the case of gross negligence or wilful misconduct on the part of BBSL or its employees;
6. At all times during the tour, to abide by and comply with any additional instructions given by your tour guide or pilot and accept that non-compliance may result in injury, death or permanent disability;
7. To indemnify and hold harmless BBSL and its officers and employees from any loss, liability, damage or costs, including court costs and legal fees, that BBSL, its officers or employees may suffer or incur due to your participation in a tour, except in the case of gross negligence or wilful misconduct on the part of BBSL or its employees; and
8. You have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the tour including this wavier and release and agree that this waiver and release will be binding upon your heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and successors
Tour guides and other tour staff reserve the right to refuse a passenger to join the guided walk if, in their reasonable opinion, the passenger does not appear to meet the fitness requirements of the tour. Please call our reservation staff to discuss fitness levels and walk difficulties if you have any concerns.
For more information, please go to our website www.bbsl.com.auwww.bbsl.com.au
To confirm a reservation, a 20% deposit payment is required when making the booking and the final balance payment is required 30 days prior to arrival, unless you have an existing credit account with us. All existing credit accounts will be invoiced upon guest/s departure.
PAYMENT TERMS | All credit accounts are strictly 14-day payment terms. Overdue accounts may attract an additional fee of 1.5% per month applied to the outstanding balance.
• Direct Debit
Booking Reference: surnameXXX/X (3 or 4 digit booking number)
Freshwater Quality Management Pty Ltd
Commonwealth Bank of Australia
BSB 066-530 ACC 1039 9017
• Credit Card
We accept payment by Mastercard and Visa with no additional fees. Payments made by AMEX will attract a fee of 2% on all bookings.
***CYBER FRAUD RISK WARNING***
Please be aware that there is a significant risk posed by cyber fraud, specifically affecting email accounts and bank account details.
Please note that our bank account details will not change during the course of a transaction, and we will NOT notify you of any changes to our bank details via email.
Always independently confirm bank account details and transfer instructions with us in person or via a telephone call to a trusted and verified phone number.
In the event of any loss of funds which is not due to the negligence of Freshwater Quality Management Pty Ltd, we will not be liable for any loss or damages that may be suffered, and we shall be released from all claims, loss or liability incurred.